The Essence Philosophy
“It’s not about taking pictures. It’s about being present to the moment.” It is in these very moments of realization that we are moved to validate our lives through photography. It is my heartfelt intention that through my lens the beauty of life will be captured. Jan and her staff wholeheartedly believe that each client deserves the utmost attention and care to make sure their photographic experience is a wonderful one. There comes a time in all our lives when we realize how incredibly fragile life is, how fleeting each precious moment can be and how important it is to capture the very Essence of what we hold so dear to us.
About Jan Pavelco
In what began as an encouragement from friends who believed in Jan’s ability to capture the Essence of people, Jan developed her love of photography into one of the Lehigh Valley’s most prestigious and trusted studios. With a journalism teaching background, Jan fine tuned her eye to capture the lives of teens through sports, activities and student life. It is this strong photojournalistic background that gives Jan the ability to capture the spontaneity of her clients. Jan has continued to study the latest photography trends with the following world renowned instructors, all who are cutting edge photographers and instructors in the international world of portrait and wedding photography:
- Outdoor Lighting on Location with Jamie Stillings of Santa Fe New Mexico.
- Portraits Unplugged with Bobbi Lane of Connecticut whose work is well known in both commercial and portraits arenas.
- Wedding Photojournalism with Boston’s leading wedding photographer, Louise Michaud.
- Joyce Tenneson at a Gathering of Creative Women in SanMiguel de Allende, Mexico.
- Paul Gero, renowned wedding photography from California.
- Jan was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Journalism Education Association of America. Among JEA's 2,100 members are journalism teachers and publications advisers, media professionals, press associations, adviser organizations, libraries, yearbook companies, newspapers, radio stations and departments of journalism.
- Essence Photography is a member of the Professional Photographers of America Association.